What kind of Legacy holds its value? Many would say a Legacy that connects family across generations and keeps a sense of heritage and family history alive. One way families ensure their past is preserved and carried forward is through a Legacy Video.
A Legacy Video captures a family stories and history though filmed interviews with one or more family members. The interviews are then skillfully edited and woven together with family photos, documents, maps and other memorabilia. Titles, music and more are added throughout to create a captivating “moving” family portrait – a modern-day heirloom that preserves the memories of one generation for the next.
Preserving and celebrating a Family’s Legacy through its stories and history has a lasting impact. Below are a few reasons why:
~ The Family Legacy ~
- When children have a chance to know a parent, grandparent or other ancestor as a child, it helps them connect to their story on a more personal level.
- Learning how an ancestor lived through an event such as a war, the Great Depression or their first television, brings history to life with new relevance and interest while teaching valuable life lessons.
- Family stories are often full of humor, adventure, risk-taking and poignancy. Once experienced, family storytelling may become a favorite part of family gatherings, meals and holiday traditions.
- When family stories and memories are not passed from one generation to the next, they disappear. While you can often find names and dates in public records, it is the personality, everyday achievements, sorrows, hilarity and life lessons that make up the intimacy of family experience. These only survive in the stories we pass from one generation to the next.
- A Family Legacy Video preserves a family’s history. Even more importantly, it increases the chances that future generations will value and carry on the tradition of documenting, adding to and retelling the stories through new eyes in every generation.
Do you know your family history? How will you preserve your family legacy?
For Family History Activities to help your family discover your family story, visit my post: ’10 Family History Activities.’
For Questions to ask your parents or grandparents to learn more about their life story and your family history, visit my post: ‘25 Legacy Questions’.
~ Legacy Videos ~
Capture your family stories and history in a Legacy Video for your family to know!
Here at Family Tree Video we produce Legacy Videos, modern-day memoirs that weave a filmed interviews with family members together with family photos, documents, maps and other memorabilia. The result is a beautiful “moving portrait” capturing your stories and history – a gift your family will treasure for generations to come.
To learn more about capturing your family stories in a Legacy Video, visit us at FamilyTreeVideo.com.
Family Tree Video LLC
Legacy Video Production
Legacy Video Producer