What type of Family Legacy holds its value? Many would say one that connects a family across generations and keeps a sense of heritage alive. One way families can ensure their family history is preserved is by capturing their stories in a Legacy Video.
A Legacy Video captures a family’s stories and history though filmed interviews with one or more family members. The interviews are then edited together with family photos, documents, maps and other memorabilia. Titles, music and more are added throughout. The result is a beautiful “moving portrait” that preserves the memories of one generation for the next – a modern-day heirloom that will be cherished for years to come.
Preserving a Family’s Legacy through its stories has a lasting impact. Below are a few reasons why…
Your Family Legacy
- When family stories are not passed from one generation to the next, they often disappear.
- While you can often find ancestors names and dates in public records, it is the personality, everyday achievements, sorrows, hilarity and life lessons that make up the intimacy of family experience. These only survive in the stories we pass from one generation to the next.
- Learning how a family member or ancestor lived through an event such as a war, the Great Depression or immigrating to a new country, brings history to life with new relevance while teaching valuable life lessons..
- Family stories are often full of humor, adventure, risk-taking and poignancy. Once experienced, storytelling may become a favorite part of family gatherings, meals and holiday traditions.
- When children have a chance to know a parent, grandparent or ancestor as a child, it helps them connect to their experience on a more personal level.
- Preserving family stories and history increases the chances that future generations will value and carry on the tradition of documenting, adding to and retelling the stories through new eyes in every generation.
Do you know your family history? How are you preserving your Family Legacy?
To learn about capturing your family stories and history in a Legacy Video for your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to know, visit us at FamilyTreeVideo.com.
A Legacy Video is a modern-day heirloom your family will cherish for generations to come.
Family Tree Video LLC
Legacy Video Production
Legacy Video Producer
“There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children.
One is roots, and the other, wings.” — H. S. Carter