Have you ever wanted to know what your grandfather was like as a child? Where your great-grandmother was from? Or how your grandparents met? Check out the Grandparent interview questions below to discover more about your grandparent’s life story and your family history.
While Ancestry.com is a great resource, a grandparent’s memories are often better!
Grandparent Interview Questions
- What is your full name?
- When were and where were you born?
- Were you named after anyone?
- What was your mother’s name?
- Where was she from?
- What do you know about her family history?
- What did your mother do during the day?
- What was your father’s name?
- Where was he from?
- What do you know about his family history?
- What did your father do for a living?
- Do you know how your parents met?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Where did you grow up?
- Describe the neighborhood/s.
- How did your family spend time together?
- What schools did you attended?
- What were your favorite subjects?
- How did you spend your free time?
- How would you describe yourself as a child?
- What role did religion play in your life?
- Did you have any summer or after school jobs?
- How did you decide on your career?
- Describe your career.
- How did you meet grandma/grandpa?
- What was your first impression of him/her?
- Describe your wedding.
- List the names and birthdates of your children.
- How did having children change your life?
- What would you consider your greatest accomplishment?
As a Video Biographer, I ask well over 100 questions in an interview so be sure to add your own questions to the list. And don’t forget to ask follow-up questions!
~ Legacy Videos ~
Give your parent or grandparent the gift of a lifetime by capturing their life story for your family to know!
Here at Family Tree Video, we produce Legacy Videos, modern-day memoirs that weave a filmed interview together with family photos, documents, maps and other memorabilia. The result is a beautiful “Moving Portrait” capturing your loved one as they recount their life story, family history and memories – a gift your family will treasure for generations to come.
To learn more about capturing your parent or grandparent’s life story in a Legacy Video, visit FamilyTreeVideo.com.
Family Tree Video LLC
Legacy Video Production