Below is a list of old sayings you may have heard your parents or grandparents use to impart valuable wisdom. These life lessons, while generations old, still apply today.
Are there any you recall your grandparents saying?
~ Life Lessons ~
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
- The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
- A rising tide lifts all boats.
- Where there’s a will there’s a way.
- Theres more than one way to skin a cat.
- Beggars can’t be choosers.
- Many Hands Make light work.
- Don’t put the cart before the horse.
- People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
- If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
- Any job worth doing is worth doing well.
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
- Misery loves company.
- Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.
- Too many cooks spoil the gravy.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- The early bird catches the worm.
- Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover.
- A watched pot never boils.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Make hay while the sun shines.
- Birds of a feather flock together.
- Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
- You can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
- A trouble shared is a trouble halved.
- An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Home is where the heart is.
- Early to bed and early to rise makes you happy, healthy and wise.
- Theres no crying over spilt milk
- Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
- You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear
- Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.
- The apple never falls far from the tree.
- Strike while the iron is hot.
- Fortune favors the brave.
Do you recall hearing a life lesson not found above? Post it in the comment section below to be added to the list.
~ Legacy Videos ~
Give your parent or grandparent the gift of a lifetime by capturing their life story – in their own words – for your family to know!
Here at Family Tree Video we produce Legacy Videos, modern-day memoirs that weave a filmed interview together with family photos, documents, maps and other memorabilia. The result is a beautiful “Moving Portrait”capturing your loved one as they recount their life story, family history and memories – a gift your family will treasure for generations to come.
To learn more about capturing your parent or grandparent’s life story in a Legacy Video, visit us at FamilyTreeVideo.com.
Family Tree Video LLC
Legacy Video Production
Capturing Life Stories & Family History
in Video Memoirs
~ The Gift of a Lifetime ~
Family Tree Video
Video Biographies ~ Video Memoir ~ Family History Video
Family Documentaries ~ Anniversary Videos
Video Tributes ~ Heirloom Videos
~ Life Lessons ~